Tonight's post is a quickie. Just a quick recipe and two pictures. Also, every recipe on my blog is vegan. ALWAYS. Enjoy!
|Cheesy zucchini casserole|
8x8 or 9x9 pan
- 1 lb. zucchini (about 2 medium to large zucchini)
- 1 onion (I used a red onion as it was all we had, but a sweet onion would have been great!)
- 2 eggs worth of the powdered egg replacer (3 teaspoons powder, no liquid)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- a pinch lemon pepper
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 a cup shredded cheese (I needed the box grater because I had a half a block of Sheese strong cheddar to grate)
- 1/4-1/2 cup soy milk
- bread crumbs
- Slice zucchini into bite-sized pieces and dice onion small.
- Mix egg substitute, vegan mayo, nutritional yeast, shredded cheese, salt and peppers in a bowl until well-blended.
- Add milk until the sauce is like thick pancake batter.
- Pour onion and zucchini into a casserole dish and pour cheese mixture on top.
- Stir gently to cover vegetables. Sprinkle with enough bread crumbs to cover the mixture.
- Bake, covered, at 350 F for 30 minutes, then uncovered for 15 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.