Thursday, July 15, 2010

The one where I say hello!

Hi everybody! So, here's the thing. I've been reading vegan blogs almost as long as I've been vegan (5 years this December). I never knew a single one of those bloggers from the early days. That was when I was in college. Now as a fully grown adult-type-person, I get around more in my local vegan community. And, shocking as this may sound, a lot of active vegans are bloggers. It always seemed like a cool idea to me and an awesome way to meet vegans from all over the world. But I asked myself, can I write? As an engineer who comes from a family of "humanities people" I never considered myself an adequate writer. Today I decided that it doesn't matter. I'm sure after a while my writing will get better and my posts will become more eloquent and interesting, but for now I'll just share and you can stick around if you like what you read.

The point of this blog:

Ah, you what to know what is going to be covered within these html-coded pages. Okay, here was my thought on that: look at the name. Food, of course! Vegan travels, hurrah! Some health and nutrition information, woohoo! Gratuitous photographs of my bunny, yippee! (Hey, he is vegan too!) And lastly I thought I would try to keep a calendar of all the cool vegan stuff happening in NYC. The calendar will give those of you in the area a chance to know about cool events like potlucks and movie screenings before they are over and I review them. Because then they will be over and you can't attend something that happened in the past.

So there you go. A lot of mumbo jumbo. Hopefully my posts get more focused, but who knows. There is a lot happening in my brain.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah Molly! Startin' a blog! I love it!!! :) Rock on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I found you on Lindsay's blog roll. Hello to you too. Be back to visit soon. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, Jeri! And thanks to Lindsay for being awesome.

    ReplyDelete