Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I'm Baaaaaack!

Hello all! Pippin had his surgery recheck today, and his vet gave him the okay, so I am back! It is lovely to have my furbaby healthy again. All the stress has been lifted off my shoulders! So I am sorry for not posting in a while but I am going to make it up to you all by doing a recap of the last two months. Only the good stuff. You will see that it involved a lot of pizza...
Red onion, kale and daiya. You wish you had some.
Close-up!

On one glorious day in September, DanT, our friend Austin and I went on an excursion to the New York Botanical Gardens in the Bronx. It is like leaving the city for a few hours, while remaining within subway distance of everything. DanT and I are members of the Gardens and head up there 3-4 times a year. This trip was for the opening of a former snuff mill that is on the grounds of the Garden. The Garden has ever so politically renamed the mill "the Stone Mill". We went to see said mill and enjoy the lovely weather and beautiful plants.
I think it's that way!
The backside of the Stone Mill
Me, looking at the river. The Bronx River, that is.
Look how low the river is. We had almost no rain all summer.
Me and Austin rehydrating on the tram ride.
Tram!
A trip to the Gardens is never complete without a stop in the amazing gift shop. A hat-slash-lighting fixture.
After all that nature we treated ourselves to Red Bamboo in the village.
A few weeks later the lovely Lindsay of Kiss Me I'm Vegan came for a visit from her new home in LA. What do we do when we get together? We make pizza, of course! (I told you there would be a lot of pizza)
Lindsay DJing on my computer while I wash something in the sink! Oh yeah, that's my kitchen!
Pizza baking in my amazing toaster/oven. The best investment ever.
And now for an artsy shot:

DanT took this one. This was a few days before surgery.
Thanks guys for all your kind words during Pippin's surgery and rehabilitation. It meant a lot to me!

1 comment:

  1. I'm in your post AGAIN! You rock girlie!! Can't wait to chat on Saturday!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete